Monday, June 18, 2012

Postcard bulk



Pick any four

Pick any six

Ok, went a bit crazy with the postcard fun and plan to have a few more crazy moments!  Warning, this will make a mess, a big mess.  I took up the kitchen table and every available chair with paints, brushes, paper ephemera, stamps, postage stamps, bits of photos, lined paper, pens, ink.....you get the idea.  Created over 20 in less than a day, that is if you don't count the previous day that I was busy printing, and of course if you don't count the day after to scan and list all of these.  Putting all the pieces together is a bit like looking for the perfect puzzle piece.   Some took more thought than others but the overall process was really fun.  I used gel medium to glue the pieces on to the card stock (for those of you who do not know what this is, it is usually found in the same area as the fine art paints and reads "gel medium".  It works great as a glue but I would imagine plain old glue would be fine too.  I am always on the look out of images I like, they can come from magazines, old books, family photos, etc.  I even go through previous read books to find phrases that I like.    If you have really nice penmanship, use your own creative hand.  The key is, don't be afraid to try your hand at something new and your friends will think you are wonderful when they receive one of your creations in the mail and as I side note you are adding a little eye candy for the mail carrier!  To take a look at all 20 plus go to my etsy site www.etsy.com/people/studioquest or click the link at right.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamyra!

    I'm glad I found your blog site. You do beautiful artwork. I'm definitely a fan. I have been waiting for you to return from vacation. I wanted to purchase another download from you. It's this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/88015552/kavala-greece-row-boat-digital-download
    Because of unforeseen circumstances, I have had to close my Etsy accounts. I think maybe they were violated in some way. Anyway, if you have another way that I could purchase this download, I'd love to. Thanks!

    Joy@BeeJoyfulQuilts.com

    ReplyDelete