Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Water Movement

Water Movement
Abstract with water.  I had so much fun with abstracts that I decided to try a new technique using lots and lots of water.  I first used a spray bottle to completely wet the canvas then began applying blobs of paint and turning my canvas to get the paint to run where I wanted it to.  This process is very messy and you will drip paint everywhere so make sure you are outside or have a tarp down.  Once you have just the movement you like, stop and let the canvas dry.  Once the canvas completely dried (over a day) the colors dulled.  I really liked the shiny sheen when wet so sprayed the entire canvas with a gloss finish.  The movement and colors remind me of water and I like the finished effect.  Acrylic on Canvas.  16 x 20.  Original: Etsy/Studio Quest.  Prints: Fine Art America.

No comments:

Post a Comment