Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wild and Free Abstract Impressionism

Wild and Free
The pallet knife can be a very useful tool, not only for mixing colors but creating an image with lots of texture.  I started with a blank canvas and worked in negative.  I left the outline of the horse with a little detail and filled in the background with pallet knife strokes of paint.  When I got the look I wanted I added in some splatter to enhance the movement of the piece.  While living in Nevada a few years back I was fortunate enough to see wild horses roaming the BLM land.  Most of them stayed away from people but now and then one would come fairly close to my camera and were as curious about me as I was about them.  Acrylic on canvas.  16 x 20  Original: Etsy/ StudioQuest.  Prints: Fine Art America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment