Monday, May 4, 2015

Aussie Roo

Aussie Roo

Australia


This work was inspired by my granddaughter Australia.  Everyone calls her Aussie Roo and she is a doll.  I love when she tilts her head and gives me that sly little smile.  Once again I used the tiny brush strokes to complete this work.  I wanted to give the impression of movement so left the kanga a bit to the left and only added splatter to the bottom right.  I cut out a part of a newspaper and covered the areas I wanted to protect and left the areas open that I wanted the splatter of paint to fill.  Warning: splatter goes everywhere!!!!  I was even trying to be careful but still ended up with splatter on the window and wall.  I really NEED an art studio!  As many of you know we are in the process of building a tiny home (which will one day be for our oldest daughter) but in the meantime 4 of us live in a little over 400 sq. ft.  With all my art supplies and constant projects it is a tight squeeze to say the least.  My grandbabies come to visit and "help" yaya (that's me) paint and then the fun really begins.
One of these days we will actually get the house finished (that is if I can get more focused). See my budget homesteading blog for more on our house.  The reality is..... painting is so much more fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment