Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Celestial Planets

Celestial Planets
This particular work started out as a simple abstract focusing on greens and blues.  Some of my favorite color combos.  I had so much fun with my last "out of this world" painting that I decided to add in different planets.  Finding different sized circles around the house to use as templates came in the form of bowls, lids to jars, coffee cups and soda tops.  When you look around it is amazing how many different shapes you can come up with, using everyday items.  It is important to determine which direction that  the light  flows in any painting but especially in round objects.  I choose the upper left and therefore knew my shadows would fall on the lower right hand side.  One of the things I love about abstract is that you can allow yourself the freedom to just GO.  You do not have to think too much and I find it more relaxing than other forms of art.  There really is no right, or wrong.  As adults I think we often forget to just play, just for the fun of playing.  Abstract allows you to do just that and really become more instinctual.   If you haven't tried it, give it a go.  Enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment