Saturday, January 7, 2012

Contemplation


Contemplation

Found this wonderful brown thick paperbag like paper at Home Depot on a large roll.  I've been looking for a nice brown paper for awhile now and this really fit the bill.  I decided to try my hand at a combination watercolor and pencil piece.  After a few tries, I finally got the combination right.  It turns out you cannot get the paper too wet and do not work it too much.  My lady is called Contemplation because she is simply looking ahead in deep thought.  I really like the simplicity and timelessness of this type of work and look forward to future projects.  I certainly have enough paper to last for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. What a great piece of Art, and yes she does look like she is contemplating about something.......hmm what could it possibly be? Makes one wonder!

    ReplyDelete