Thursday, January 26, 2012

Three birds on the line.

Three birds on a line
Just finished reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett given to me as a Christmas gift from my youngest daughter (great book by the way).  I had wanted this book and refused to see the movie until I finished reading it.  The cover illustration by Ellen Granter I thought was beautiful.  I loved her colors.  I wonder, did she paint the illustration specially for the book or did someone discover her?  I changed up the birds just a bit but the feel is still there.  I guess I will have to wait till the movie is at red box or on netflex since it is no longer at the theater.   Just goes to show, you never know where your inspiration may come from.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! I loved the book, The Help too! I want to see the move, and like you, I always have to read the book first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment Tricia. I try to convience my kids that the books are always better than the movie but haven't had much success. They just don't get why you would take the time to read a "whole" book when the movie is so much easier. Oh well, I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting! The colors go great together! Who would have thought the bronze w/pink but it's perfect. I am going to cheat though and type in "The Help" from my Roku thing "pulls up Net Flex movies" and see if it's in there! I've had a day and I could use a good movie :-) Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rhema, it is always good to hear from you and get postive comments back. You can see I have been a bit busy creating, I need a full time helper to go behind me and clean up all the messes! :) Yeah right, like that is going to happen. Anyway miss you and our painting together. Hope you find the movie. Love you, Sis

    ReplyDelete