Thursday, February 16, 2012

The American Chicken and the French Chicken

The American Chicken
My husband Brian has always loved chicken paintings.  He really is not sure why but thinks they are great.  This is surprizing if you know Brian, who almost always wears blue jeans and black t-shirts with work boots.  His favorite color is gray and I never see him wear anything that is not black, brown or gray.  So when he told me he liked chicken paintings I was a bit shocked, all those bright colors just didn't seem to fit.  He did not grow up on a farm, was not around chickens as far as I know so who knows.  It just goes to show that there is a bit of flashy color that appeals to us all.

The French Chicken

Both originals are available on my Studio Quest Etsy Site.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Tam who who have guessed! Brian and Chickens? :-) He would love Kawuai they run around wild everywhere, and crow all times of day. They are confused souls. The hurricane blew in and they have been a mess since :-) Anyway I absolutely love these chickens, they are so bright and colorful! Love the backgound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis, fun to do too. Been playing around a lot with printed paper and like how it looks with paint. Wanted lots of color. Arn't we all confused souls sometimes. You make me smile, miss you.

    ReplyDelete